St. Ignatius Church
(Czech: Kostel sv. Ignáce)
The Church of St. Ignatius is an early Baroque church, which was built from 1665 to 1671 by the architect Carlo Lurago as part of the New Town and former Jesuit dormitory (The third largest Jesuit complex in Europe).
The Church is located on Charles Square and serves as a teaching hospital.
The top of the facade carries a statue of St. Ignatius Loyola, placed there in 1671, with a halo surrounding his whole body. This feature was considered controversial at the time it was installed, as such a decoration was only considered appropriate for statues of Jesus Christ.
New Town, Ječná 2, Prague
Suggested Duration: one hour trip