(Czech: Werichova vila)
The Werich Villa (previously also known as the Dobrovský house or Engel tannery) was built at the beginning of the 17th century and originally served as a tannery.
The Building was acquired by the Nostitz family in 1725 and later became the home of Josef Dobrovský (one of the most important figures of the Czech National Revival). In the 20th century, the famous actor Jan Werich moved and lived here.
Werich Villa serves as a multifunctional centre for workshops or exhibitions and there is an interactive exposition dedicated to Jan Werich and Jiří Voskovec.
Lesser Town, Kampa - Werich Villa, Prague
Suggested Duration: one hour trip