(Czech: Karlachovy sady)
The Karlach gardens were named after the contemporary provost of the Vyšehrad Chapter, Mikuláš Karlach, who gave the initial impulse to establish the gardens.
In the middle of the garden, there is a statue of St. John of Nepomuk (from 1895). In place of the former watch house, there is the monument so called Devil’s Pillar: three pieces of a stone, probably a timekeeping pillar of old Slavonics from the pagan times; they are leaning against one another. There is the Statue of Provost Mikulas Karlach too.
Vyšehrad, Karlachovy sady, Prague
Suggested Duration: one hour trip