Hus Congregational House
(Czech: Husův sbor na Vinohradech)
Hus Congregational House is a Hussite church by Czech architect Pavel Janák in Dykova Street at Vinohrady. The church was built between 1930 and 1935 and it is considered an icon of Czech functionalist architecture.
The church has three parts: a ceremonial hall, an apartment building, and a bell tower. The tall, six-storey minimalist tower and belfry carries a 700 kg copper chalice as a symbol of the Hussite Church.
The tower was briefly used to create an alternative radio station during the Prague uprising in 1945.
Vinohrady, Dykova 1, Prague
Suggested Duration: one hour trip