(Czech: Pinkasova synagoga)
The Pinkas Synagogue is the second oldest synagogue in Prague. It was built in 1535 by Aaron Meshullam Horowitz (a renowned Jewish family in Prague) between his house U Erbů and Old Jewish Cemetery.
After the WWII, the synagogue became the Memorial to Czech and Moravian Jews who were victims of Nazi persecution.
From 1992–1996 the 80,000 names of Czech and Moravian Jews who perished under the Nazis were hand-written on the walls of the synagogue.
On the first floor of the synagogue there is an exhibition of pictures drawn by children in the Theresienstadt Ghetto.
Old Town, Široká 23/3, Prague
Suggested Duration: one hour trip